The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, business done!
TOP STORY: PSG target Lille striker David
Paris Saint-Germain are interested in the Lille striker jonathan davidreports Calciomercato.
The 22-year-old has been linked with a number of top European clubs, with The Parisians said to be the last. David could join an elite front line which includes Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe, Angel Di Maria and Mauro Icardi.
The Canada international impressed at Lille, winning the Ligue 1 title at the club last season against all odds given the strength of the PSG squad. This season he has continued his fine form, already nearly matching last season’s goal tally. Last season, David scored a total of 13 Ligue 1 goals in 37 appearances while this season so far he has scored 12 goals in 21 appearances.
David’s international record also speaks for itself, scoring 18 goals in 24 appearances for Canada on the international stage.
He could be a key figure at the end of the month, given the nation’s decisive game with the United States in World Cup qualifying. Canada currently leads the CONCACAF standings, with the USA and Mexico just behind in second and third place.
– ESPN+ Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Newcastle United have joined the race to land the Olympiakos star Pope Abou Cissesaid The sun. The 26-year-old has impressed for club and country, currently standing out with strong performances in the Africa Cup of Nations for Senegal. He has previously been linked with other Premier League clubs, with Arsenal, Everton, Leicester City and Liverpool also monitoring the defender.
– Aston Villa and West Ham United are battling to sign the Burnley defender James Tarkowskiaccording to Ekrem Konour. The former England international is out of contract with the Clarets this summer, with a new deal not looking any closer. The Hammers have been linked with a number of defenders, with Angelo Ogbonna set to miss the majority of the season.
– AS Roma are interested in the Lazio defender Louis Felipeaccording to Calciomercato. The Serie A centre-back could leave to join a league rival at the end of the season as his current contract expires. Roma boss Jose Mourinho is said to be very keen on a move for the Brazilian, looking to strengthen his current backline.
– Julian Alvarez has agreed personal terms with Manchester City over a potential transfer, says reporter Nicolas Schira. The 21-year-old has been linked with a move away from River Plate, with a reported $25m release clause in his current contract. However, Schira claims Pep Guardiola’s side offered less than that, at $21m.
– Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a transfer offer with Wolverhampton Wanderers for the winger Adama Traorereports Football Insider. Antonio Conte is believed to be keen on signing the Spain international and using him as a wing-back, similar to how he used Victor Moses at Chelsea. The report claims Wolves value Traore at £22.75m, with 18 months remaining on his current deal. Spurs are said to have met this after tie-breaker talks.